Moorabool is pleased to make available their 2016 Catalogue.
It’s 58 pages of fascinating finds, with some in-depth discussions to bring the pieces to life.
- The Rococo
- Some previously unrecorded Derby Figures identified
- Early printed Worcester
- The Two Quail Pattern
- Birds on Porcelain
- The Princess Charlotte Service (including a plate)
- The Hope Service (including a plate)
- Naval Ceramics, Admiral Duncan & Captain Lennox, 1797
- Swansea & ‘after’ Swansea porcelains
- Shells & Butterflies on ceramics
- Pottery including Uncle Tom & other Staffordshire Figures
- Cats & Dogs in pottery & porcelain
- 18th century Icecream
- ‘Dusk’- an important Dihl et Guérhard figure identified for the first time
- The Grand Tour including paintings of excavations at Pompeii
- Ancient Cypriot & Daunian Greek Pottery from an old Australian Collection
- Two Ancient Greek bronzes from the dawn of Western culture
- Burmese Silver bowls – the original ‘White Elephant’ ?
- Vallaueris (French) & Wonderland (Anglo-Indian) Pottery
- Chinese Export with European patterns & shapes
- Ming ceramics from an Indonesian origin, pre-1960’s
- ‘Magnificent Frauds’ – re-decorated Sèvres porcelain
- A local Tribal collection of a RAAF pilot, who stayed on in PNG after WWII in the Government
- Australiana including ‘The Shortland cup & saucer’ – a first-fleet connect piece of 18th century Worcester porcelain
- ‘The Black Swan plate’ – a Davenport plate with an Australian bird on it, probably the earliest example of an Australian animal on ceramics…..
- Plus much more!
It’s $15 to buy a copy, including postage (within Australia, overseas slightly more for postage, contact us for a quote). The bonus is, if you purchase an item from it, this cost is deducted.
Items can be found in the ‘2016 Exhibition’ pages on moorabool.com